Essential Oils are a natural, chemical-free alternative to treating many every day issues including stress, acne, and nausea. The oils come straight from plants and have recently become popular with aromatherapy. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Peppermint- Used to soothe stomach aches and sore muscles, as well as help with PMS and headaches. Put a drop of peppermint oil into a pot of boiling water and breathe in the steam (careful not to get too close!).
2. Lavender- Calms the nervous system, and helps improve sleep and joint pain. Lavender is also known to help with acne, respiratory problems, and urinary disorders.
3. Sesame- A natural moisturizer, great for hair and skin treatments. It’s also believed to help lower stress levels and high blood pressure.
4. Lemon Balm- Aids in anxiety and depression, as well as insomnia and headaches.
5. Clove- A natural antiseptic, used to help treat minor bug bites, cuts, and scrapes.
What are your favorite essential oils?
AromaTherapy could greatly add to the benefits you receive during your massage sessions. The fragrant oils naturally extracted from herbs flowers, and fruits can increase circulation, promote relaxation and decrease pain and agitation.
At Massage Envy, you can choose from any of our four essential oil blends to enhance your massage experience.
Our blends range from Anxiety Release, which eases nervousness and apprehension to Mint and Rosemary which aims to enliven the body and mind. If you need to focus on release from any discomfort caused by pain aches and pains and to keep it simple it’s aptly named Aches and Pains. If it’s restful sleep you need, Lavender Garden will help calm your mind and get your drifting off to la-la land in no time.
For more information on any of the blends in our AromaTherapy collection visit http://www.massageenvy.com/types-of-massage/choices/aromatherapy.aspx or stop in to talk to one of our professional massage therapists about the benefits of AromaTherapy!
Aches & Pains
This warm blend of clove, sweet birch, rosemary and cypress aims to promote blood circulation and aid tissue recovery after physical exertion. It helps relieve a lot of muscle and joint pain.
Lavender, chamomile, and vetiver are blended together to create a sense of inner peace and harmony while decreasing irritability, nervousness and apprehension. This aromatherapy will leave you completely relaxed.
This blend of patchouli, grapefruit, and sweet orange bring pain relief and a decrease in inflammation to the receiver. The lavindin promotes restful sleep, supports the respiratory system, and aids in natural detoxification.
Mint & Rosemary
Mint oils and rosemary make for the perfect combination to enliven the body and mind. The Menthol in peppermint brings pain relief to the body, increases circulation, and cools the body. According to research, this mix also stimulates the part of the brain that causes people in one study to be more effective when performing tasks that require sustained attention.