Did you know swapping you daily coffee for tea could be beneficial for your body!?And while there are many teas with tasty flavors including fruits and mint, these teas may not have any benefits other than their taste. Stick to green, black, oolong, or white teas. These tea types are chock full of antioxidants and phytochemicals. Research shows that polyphenols and phytochemicals are what give tea its health benefits.
Here are a few ways that tea could improve your health:
• The antioxidants in teas have been shown to protect people from a range of cancers, including breast, colon, prostate and skin.
• Tea helps hydrate the body, despite the caffeine it contains.
• Consumption of hot tea regularly has been shown to cinch waist circumference and BMI, decrease your risk of heart attack and lower the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
Take tea’s health boosting powers to the next level! Brew up a cup of green tea.
• The catechins (another kind of antioxidant) in green tea extract can increase your body’s ability to burn fat, thereby increasing muscle endurance.
• Studies have shown green tea can help people with diabetes process sugar better.
• Evidence also shows that green tea can improve bone mineral density and strength.
• The polyphenols in green tea may help maintain the parts of the brain that regulate learning and memory, and as a result help prevent and treat degenerative neurological diseases.
• Green tea may even help protect you from ultraviolet rays.
Of course drinking tea isn’t the only thing you should be doing to improve your health, a healthy diet and moderate exercise are vital to good health! Try implementing a cup of tea a day to get some of the awesome benefits tea can give you! For more ways to stay healthy, check out our Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/massageenvycf/!
It’s November, which means it’s American Diabetes Awareness Month. Currently, millions of people are affected by diabetes. By making healthier choices with your diet and including whole grains and fiber you can prevent diabetes.
Many people over look the severity of diabetes but in fact it is serious. Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure and new cases of blindness. Two out of three people with diabetes die from heart disease or stroke.
Prevention is key to curing diabetes. Stay healthy by increasing physical activity and maintaining your weight. Also, regular massage therapy enhances circulation, which helps cure diabetic wounds.
For more information, visit http://www.massageenvy.com/regions/FL/Orlando.aspx.
Getting your body to a healthy state might seem impossible to some- but in reality, it’s as easy as running! Running has many health benefits, and it’s easy to do. Here are just a few examples of what running can do for you:
Weight Loss: Running burns a lot of calories, and is an excellent form of exercise. Burning all these extra calories will aid in weight loss.
Cardiovascular Health: With regular running, you can drastically increase your cardiovascular health. Running helps increase the elasticity of your arteries and lower your blood pressure.
Bone Density: Running will help increase the strength of your bones, and your muscles. This can reduce your risk of osteoporosis.
Appetite: Because you are burning more calories when you run, you will eat more and have a healthier appetite. Running regularly will also help your digestion.
Diabetes: Studies show that if you run 5 days a week for a half hour, your risk of diabetes is reduced.
Cancer: Running this amount can also help reduce your risk of certain types of cancer, including uterine, breast, and bowel cancer.
Energy: Running regularly can also help improve your energy. If you constantly feel tired no matter how much sleep you get, running can help by getting your blood pumping and waking you up.