The start of the New Year is the perfect time to get back on track with eating healthy. For most of us it is easy to lose sight of your resolutions, but with these helpful tips you’ll be sure to stay healthy:1. Control your portion size
Downsizing your dishes is a great way to cut out extra calories. Try using a smaller plate or bowl; this will help make your portions seem larger than they are.
2. Stay active
It’s always important to stay active. Go for a walk. Ride a bike. The opportunities are endless. Aim for around 30 minutes every day.
3. Cut out the processed foods
Processed foods may seem low in calories, but they can be filled with tons of hidden ingredients that are bad for you. Stick to the fresh fruits and vegetables.
4. Take care of your skin
The sun does lots of damage to your skin over time. Regular facials can help reverse the effects of sun damage. It’s also important to wear sunscreen every day, even when it is cloudy.
5. Think positive
Always think positive and expect good things from yourself! Just by changing the way of thinking, you’ll be looking in be mirror at a much healthier you.
Here’s to a healthy, happy new you!
From our Massage Envy Touch of Wellness Blog, we bring you our top 10 tricks and tips for keeping active even as summer passes by and we become preoccupied with the upcoming holidays and stress of everyday tasks.
Do your best to follow a personalized fitness plan daily and you’ll see results!
1. Find what you love. Whether it’s clearing your thoughts during a long run or dancing the night away in a Zumba class.
2. Make fitness a priority. Like paying bills and doing laundry, working out should be considered an important priority. Not something you do every once and a while.
3. Run (or walk) an errand. Leave the car behind. Try running your errands on foot, or bike instead.
4. Grab a friend or family member and catch up on a long walk instead of via e-mail or phone.
5. Don’t forget, doing chores around the house burns lots of calories. Great way to kill two birds with one stone!
6. Have an hour lunch break? Take advantage and squeeze 30 minutes of walking in. It will feel good to stretch your legs mid-day.
7. Track your progress. It’s important to note major milestones, like your first 3-mile run or the half-day hike you conquered.
8. Be proud of your accomplishments and share them with family and friends. That extra motivation will keep you going.
9. Switch it up. Don’t let fitness get boring. Find a variety of activities that get you moving and feeling good.
10. Baby steps. It takes time to work up to your fitness goals. Stay positive and stick to your healthy living routine.