Building healthy snacks that taste good isn’t always as easy as it seems. Finding foods with the right amount of fat and protein for our individual lifestyles can be tricky! Follow the guide below to build yourself a healthy snack:
Which one would you try first?
It’s no secret that with juggling all the different aspects of life- work, kids, school, family & friends, etc- sleep isn’t always a priority. But a lack of sleep is a huge problem. It can affect your productivity and mood, success at your workplace and at school, and your relationships. Here are 7 ways to tell if you’re not getting enough sleep:
1. You’re constantly hungry, especially for junk foods. Sleep affects your body’s production of grehlin, which determines your hunger and satiety. Not enough sleep can lead too the production of too much of the hormone, which makes you crave those fatty foods.
2. You’re always misplacing important things, like your wallet and keys. A major symptom of sleep deprivation is forgetfulness. Getting the right amount of sleep can help you remember the next time you put them down.
3. You depend too much on caffeine. If you need 2 or 3 cups of coffee just to function in the morning, you may be dependent on caffeine.
4. Your emotions are all out of whack. If you’re crying or irritable for no reason (and if you’re a female have determined it’s not PMS), your emotional batteries may need some charging.
5. You always wake up groggy. This can be an indicator of not only too little sleep, but too much sleep too.
6. You start to fall half-alseep at any chance you get. For example, you start to nod off while sitting in a car or on the couch, but you can’t seem to sleep at night. Even though it may be hard, hold off on napping so you can actually get sleep at night.
7. You can’t seem to fight off being sick. A lack of sleep makes it very hard to fight off an illness, and it actually makes you even more sick.