Essential Oils are a natural, chemical-free alternative to treating many every day issues including stress, acne, and nausea. The oils come straight from plants and have recently become popular with aromatherapy. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Peppermint- Used to soothe stomach aches and sore muscles, as well as help with PMS and headaches. Put a drop of peppermint oil into a pot of boiling water and breathe in the steam (careful not to get too close!).
2. Lavender- Calms the nervous system, and helps improve sleep and joint pain. Lavender is also known to help with acne, respiratory problems, and urinary disorders.
3. Sesame- A natural moisturizer, great for hair and skin treatments. It’s also believed to help lower stress levels and high blood pressure.
4. Lemon Balm- Aids in anxiety and depression, as well as insomnia and headaches.
5. Clove- A natural antiseptic, used to help treat minor bug bites, cuts, and scrapes.
What are your favorite essential oils?