Did you know swapping you daily coffee for tea could be beneficial for your body!?And while there are many teas with tasty flavors including fruits and mint, these teas may not have any benefits other than their taste. Stick to green, black, oolong, or white teas. These tea types are chock full of antioxidants and phytochemicals. Research shows that polyphenols and phytochemicals are what give tea its health benefits.
Here are a few ways that tea could improve your health:
• The antioxidants in teas have been shown to protect people from a range of cancers, including breast, colon, prostate and skin.
• Tea helps hydrate the body, despite the caffeine it contains.
• Consumption of hot tea regularly has been shown to cinch waist circumference and BMI, decrease your risk of heart attack and lower the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
Take tea’s health boosting powers to the next level! Brew up a cup of green tea.
• The catechins (another kind of antioxidant) in green tea extract can increase your body’s ability to burn fat, thereby increasing muscle endurance.
• Studies have shown green tea can help people with diabetes process sugar better.
• Evidence also shows that green tea can improve bone mineral density and strength.
• The polyphenols in green tea may help maintain the parts of the brain that regulate learning and memory, and as a result help prevent and treat degenerative neurological diseases.
• Green tea may even help protect you from ultraviolet rays.
Of course drinking tea isn’t the only thing you should be doing to improve your health, a healthy diet and moderate exercise are vital to good health! Try implementing a cup of tea a day to get some of the awesome benefits tea can give you! For more ways to stay healthy, check out our Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/massageenvycf/!