From our Massage Envy Touch of Wellness Blog, we bring you our top 10 tricks and tips for keeping active even as summer passes by and we become preoccupied with the upcoming holidays and stress of everyday tasks.
Do your best to follow a personalized fitness plan daily and you’ll see results!
1. Find what you love. Whether it’s clearing your thoughts during a long run or dancing the night away in a Zumba class.
2. Make fitness a priority. Like paying bills and doing laundry, working out should be considered an important priority. Not something you do every once and a while.
3. Run (or walk) an errand. Leave the car behind. Try running your errands on foot, or bike instead.
4. Grab a friend or family member and catch up on a long walk instead of via e-mail or phone.
5. Don’t forget, doing chores around the house burns lots of calories. Great way to kill two birds with one stone!
6. Have an hour lunch break? Take advantage and squeeze 30 minutes of walking in. It will feel good to stretch your legs mid-day.
7. Track your progress. It’s important to note major milestones, like your first 3-mile run or the half-day hike you conquered.
8. Be proud of your accomplishments and share them with family and friends. That extra motivation will keep you going.
9. Switch it up. Don’t let fitness get boring. Find a variety of activities that get you moving and feeling good.
10. Baby steps. It takes time to work up to your fitness goals. Stay positive and stick to your healthy living routine.