Vibrant Skin from the Inside Out

Like the average American, do you tend to wake up around 6am every morning in order to run around prepping lunch boxes, speeding to work, gulping down coffee, bringing kids to practices, and walking the dog until 11pm rolls around and you plop into bed exhausted?

Life can be stressful and busy, but with the right balance of sleep, exercise, stress management and diet, you can learn a few simple steps that will rejuvenate your skin making you look and feel better!

According to Dr. Murad, your skin is connected to every one of your organs. By making your body healthy, you make your skin healthy. “Topical skincare addresses approximately 20 percent of the skin, the epidermis. The remaining 80 percent, the dermis, responds by feeding the skin from the inside,” says Dr. Murad. “Eating a diet rich in raw fruits, vegetables and healthy fats, such as those found in nuts and olive oil, will promote healthy, hydrated cells.”

At the same time, a regular exercise routine can benefit your waistline as well as your skin– “Exercise builds muscle and attracts water to our cells,” Dr. Murad says.

Also, sleep deprivation may cause skin to appear sallow and dry, so getting your ideal amount of sleep is extremely important. Remember that everybody requires a different amount of sleep (for adults, it’s usually between 7-9 hours).

Lastly, environmental factors play a huge part in the health of your skin. We’ve all been lectured about the importance of sunscreen… Dr. Murad suggests wearing an SPF 15 everyday.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s